



This walk offers a self-guided tour of the town's fountains and wash houses. The walk is not marked. The document is available at the Oraison Tourist Information Office or can be downloaded from https://www.durance-luberon-verdon.com
Description
There are nine fountains listed in the town of Oraison:
* fountain on Place Docteur Itard
* fountain in Elie Louis Julien Street
* fountain on Abdon Martin Avenue.
* fountain on the Human Rights Square.
* fountain in Joseph Latil Street.
* fountain on Place Abel Roger.
* fountain on avenue Flourens Aillaud.
* fountain on Avenue Victor Gérard.
* fountain on Avenue Gabriel Banon.
Fountains were built as early as 1654 to collect the spring water from La Boucharde, which came from the pipes, and make it available to everyone. The water was brought to the fountains by means of a small stone bridge with pipes running inside.
It was in this small village, in the past, that the inhabitants were able to have drinking water (source of the Boucharde) near their homes thanks to the streams.
Most of them are still there. Some have disappeared.
The oldest are those in the Human Rights Square, that of Rue Joseph Latil and that of Rue Elie Louis Julien.
Comfort and amenities
Equipment
Rates / opening
Prices
Free.
Opening
From 01/01 to 31/12 every day.
Free access.