photo
Photo : crédits OTC DLVA
photo
Photo : crédits OTC DLVA

The fountain in the round square was put into service in 1885. It is decorated with four lion heads.

Description

This square was called Saint Joseph and the fountain was surmounted by the statue of Saint Joseph. It was in 1892 that the latter, at the request of the priest, was placed on the roof of the church and for more than a century has watched over and protected the valley. The stripped-down Round Fountain, lacking decoration, was adorned with a magnificent bronze statue surmounted by a basin symbolizing liberty and the Republic. This statue was knocked down by the Germans during the last world war. It was replaced on its pedestal at the end of the war and disappeared without anyone caring. Since the summer of 2006, it has been renovated.

Comfort and amenities

Equipment

  • Public toilets
  • Parking in the area

Rates / opening

Prices

Free access.

Opening

From 01/01 to 31/12 every day.
Free access.

Updated on 14/01/2026 - Manosque Country Tourist and Convention Bureau